My last Mind Cleanup blog dates back to October 2018. They used to be a regular thing and I had some fixed categories I could choose from, to help my cleaning session along, which I have included below (mostly to help me write the next one).
Mind Cleanup Categories:
- MOVIES / TV
- SELF REFLECTION
- LOOKY HERE (pages, blogs or info you recommend others to check out)
- THUMBS UP
- THUMBS DOWN
I am also thinking of adding one more category honoring a person, organization or story that “won the month”. This idea is inspired by Fivedotoh.com’s Fandango, who in turn was inspired by MSNBC’s Joy Reid (Who Won the Week).
So, if I were to do a quick mind cleanup of the first half of 2019, it might look a bit like this:
NEWS – people-on-the-streets edition
- France in turmoil with yellow vest movement taking to the streets to express anger towards status quo. The 26 minute documentary below, explains what sparked it and what fuels it:
- Venezuelan turmoil is so very different from the anger in France. And at the same time, it’s very much the same.
- A heart-mending reaction to the sorrow felt after the Christchurch Mosque shooting in New Zealand:
Since it dropped I have been listening to songs from India Arie’s new album, which includes this meaningful gem:
Who won the first half of 2019?
- My big bro had a little girl in March. Her name is Jasmina and I suppose you could say she is a winner for landing in a family with my brother and his awesome girlfriend. In all truth I think it is my brother who is actually the true winner in this equation.
- Also, Boris Johnson did some big time winning and is now prime minister of the UK. Boo to that, but do check out John Oliver’s take on his persona.
Let me answer one question from my list of 195 questions:
What is a controversial opinion you have?
I am not a fan of Oprah’s. Actually she kind of annoys me (particularly her hysteric behavior when she enters a room). There, I said it.
- I intend to pick up the habit once again of doing a mind cleanup blog every month.
- Join me if you like and ping back to me when you do!