After my recent blog cleanup session, I finally feel there is some room here for a Mind Cleanup post. I moved the posts about Roskilde Festival to a new and separate blog, where they will feel more at home.
This feels so much better. More casual. The Epiphany Blog needs to be a simple place for random thoughts and musings, as intended at its birth.
So, let’s let those thoughts wander and stumble there way into writing.
Besides all Drumpf related news, the one topic that I feel is probably more important than many news outlets are making it seem, is the Qatar boycott. I have been trying to understand what is going on and why, but haven’t come up with something truly satisfying yet. Reporting on it seems foggy; information blurry and inconsistent; fake news? Who are the the good guys (if there are any left at all)?
My thought process might result in a little blog post in the future. Not sure yet…
- A close friend had her birthday at the beginning of July, which I kinda remembered two weeks prior but totally forgot about after that and apparently these things really matter to people. The fact that birthdays really totally completely and whole heartedly mean nothing to me, makes it hard to deal with people who do. It’s hard to empathize. I’m trying (and failing (or maybe I’m still not really trying)).
- I started a journal, which will hopefully help me put my thoughts in order and live more consciously (and less chaotically?).
And now, it’s time to answer five more self reflection questions:
What are you bad at but couldn’t care less about (even though others may think you should)?
Birthdays. My own as well as other people’s.
Who are the most important people in your life?
There are several people in my life that I value highly and couldn’t imagine living without, starting with my boyfriend. ❤
Next in line is probably my close friend, Z, who is such an inspiring and wise person, I can’t even begin to express her value. She’s awesome. She’s a hero. She’s my guru.
Then there are the people that are important, even if I wish sometimes they weren’t. Or maybe “important” isn’t the right word but something more like “powerful” or “influencial”. But no, my family is definitely an important factor in my life. Can’t even deny it.
How much sleep do you need?
I wake up early, even when I go to bed late so the latter is something I try to avoid. I function best on 7-8hour rest/sleep. I am blessed with comatose sleep.
Are you rich?
I think so. It’s something that I like to tell myself I don’t care about. But it does matter. I have exactly the right amount of wealth. But when it comes to luck and happiness I am filthy rich. Luckily, those two things I can make myself!
What is a controversial opinion you have?
People who can’t have children “naturally” should give up. Nature does not want them to reproduce. Darwin says no.
Movies / Series
- I watched the third season of Fargo > So much darker (and less funny?) than 1 and 2.
- Doctor Strange > We want more!
- Richard Bona > awesome Jazz bassist and singer from Cameroon, who just ventured out into Afro-Cuban territory with his new album (Heritage). Que yummy!
- Natalia Lafourcade > One of my fave Latin American songstresses with a super soothing voice and a super friendly smile. Her newest project (Musas) – an album and making-of documentary – completely stole my heart
- Jack Johnson > Spotify just pointed out this new Jack Johnson song. I think we all know who and what he is referring to when he sings:
I don’t care for your paranoid us-against-them walls;
I don’t care for your careless me-first-gimme-gimme appetite at all
I don’t care for them either, Jack. I feel you.
Don’t particularly want to analyze this any further, but I thought this was interesting and amusing and thought I should share.
Hasta la proxima!